Box Theme and Featured Mathematician Role Model: “Published!” Full-Size Box (featuring Anna Gifty)
The big day is finally here. After all of the outlines, the writing, the edits, the re-edits, the blood, the sweat, and the tears, your book is finally published! You didn’t accomplish this huge feat without doing some math, of course! So let’s crack this open and delve in, shall we? Here’s what’s inside your “Published!” box:
- Meet Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman: Check out our exclusive interview with Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman, mathematician, graduate student, and editor of the recently-released book, The Black Agenda!
- Published! Math Activity Booklet: This booklet, created by the Black Girl MATHgic team, is filled with your reading/ELA + math activities for this month. Make sure you complete the entire booklet; that’s how you build your math confidence!
- Confidentially Yours #1: Brooke’s Not-So-Perfect Plan book by Jo Whittemore: An actual book is a must in a box about book editing/publishing! Brooke, Vanessa, and Heather have been friends for as long as they can remember, and they’re positive they’ll rock their first year of middle school. The trio decides to sign up for a journalism elective, and they find themselves columnists for the school’s newspaper! The year is going perfectly for Brooke. She has her friends, her travel soccer team, the advice column, and a lot of new activities…but maybe too many activities. As Brooke struggles to balance all her commitments and schoolwork, she realizes she may have bitten off more than she can chew. Can she figure out how to have it all and stay on the advice column without sacrificing her other responsibilities?
- Bookaroo Pen Pouch: Anna loves a good pen! This pen pouch is a very handy little pouch for the front of your book or notebook that guarantees that your pen or pencil will be just where you need it, just when you need it!
- To Be Continued Place Keepers: More ingenious than just a bookmark, these direct and to-the-point arrow page markers clip to your page and mark your place precisely! Go straight back to where you finished, ready to be continued!
- Custom Black Girl MATHgic Published! stickers: Special stickers created just for you to go with our Published! theme! Which one is your favorite?
- “When learning something new, I ask questions when I don’t understand; then, I edit my notes accordingly!” Math Affirmation: It’s no fun sitting in class confused in silence about what’s being taught because you’re afraid to ask questions. Never be afraid to get clarity and update (edit) your knowledge. You’ll always be glad you did!
Ships within 2-3 business days.