“Compliments to the Chef” is a phrase used to acknowledge the skill of an amazing chef. Here at Team Black Girl MATHgic, we are cooking up math confidence with each box as you learn . how math COMPLEMENTS life! This month, we’re hanging out with a biomedical engineer turned entrepreneur as she handles the business side of her family’s catering business! Here’s what’s inside your October Box:
- Meet Oluwaseun Rita Ajibulu: Check out our exclusive interview with Seun Rita, Business Manager of T & K Hospitality Services, a family-owned catering and rental company she owns with her husband in Irving, Texas.
- Compliments to the Chef Activity Booklet: This booklet, created by the Black Girl MATHgic team, is filled with your cooking and business-themed word and logic problems for this month! Make sure you work on the problems – this is how you build math confidence and get better at math!
- Custom Cutting Board: Enjoy learning to cut and serve on this perfect-sized Black Girl MATHgic logoed cutting board (with adult supervision, of course). Naturally heat and bacteria resistant. Hand wash with warm water and mild soap/detergent.
- Knork Eco Friendly 3 Piece Travel Set: Knork Eco to-go pack cuts down the need for one utensil (forks have built in features that allow them to cut through foods). The ergonomic design and beveled tines easily cut through food with one hand. Lightweight and durable, this set is great for work and school lunches, travel, or being on the go.
- Metallic Dice Games Violet Infusion Poly Dice Set: Given Seun’s enjoyment of Math Minutes and using arithmetic in business, these cool dice are a great way to play quick math games and strengthen basic math skills.These Unicorn dice are a beautiful mix of transparent resins, which are then infused with prismatic glitter dust that changes from blues to purples to greens as it hits the light.
- Custom Black Girl MATHgic Compliments to the Chef stickers: Special stickers created just for you to go with our Compliments to the Chef theme! Which one is your favorite?
- “I am good at math.” Math Affirmation: Sometimes confidence is not built from already knowing the answer but from not knowing the answer and working through the problem to find the solution. The key is to just keep going. Say this affirmation whenever you begin to feel overwhelmed or stressed. Remind yourself, you are good at math. You’ve got this!
- Digital Answer Key
Ships within 2-3 business days.