Box Theme + Featured Mathematician Role Model: “Fashionista” Full-Size Box (featuring Tanya M. Smith)
This month’s mathematician, Tanya M. Smith, is not only a mathematics professor, but also a business owner and fashionista! With her math skills and a keen eye for fashion combined, she creates designs that make women look and feel good. This month, we’re exploring the connections between math and fashion. Check out what’s inside your Fashionista box:
- Meet Tanya M. Smith Bio + Interview: Tanya loves designing clothes that affirm women and make them feel good. As a mathematics professor, she also aims to ensure that her students feel capable and confident. In fact, she uses her apparel company, GIRLI Brand, to support Black girls who are pursuing STEM-related fields. Learn more about Tanya and her goals as an entrepreneur when you read her interview with Black Girl MATHgic!
- Black Girl MATHgic Fashionista Math Activity Workbook: This workbook, created by the Black Girl MATHgic team, is filled with math activities that sew concepts of math and fashion together. Make sure you complete the entire workbook; that’s how you build your math confidence!
- Helix Geometry Template: When it comes to fashion, it’s all about the angles and shapes (especially when sketching a design)! This handy template has 17 of the most popular geometric shapes to help you draw them with precision, whether you’re completing a geometrical math task or planning out a beautiful design.
- Fashion Color Card: Express your creativity and style with this custom coloring sheet of Maya, everyone’s favorite MATHgician! Create unique patterns or bold color-blocking designs to add your own custom flare.
- 12-Piece Colored Pencil Tin: Use your travel tin of colored pencils to design your Fashion Color Card and take vibrant, full-color math notes on the go!
- Polka Dot Tape Measure: Measuring tape is a flexible ruler that is used to measure length. Fashion designers use measuring tape to create clothes from scratch. This cute retractable tape measure is 60 inches long, with the inches-scale on one side of the tape and the centimeter-scale on the other.
- Custom Black Girl MATHgic Fashionista Stickers: Special stickers created just for you to go with our Fashionista theme! Which one is your favorite?
- “I am confident beyond measure.” Math Affirmation: When it comes to math, YOU measure up! With hard work, perseverance, and tenacity, there’s no limit to where you can go!
Shipping Included! Ships within 2-3 business days.