November is National Nonprofit Awareness Month, National Gratitude Month, and Inspirational Role Model Month! At Black Girl MATHgic we are thankful for this month’s amazing mathematician who inspires us to use our math skills to give back to the community. This month we’re hanging out with a director and program manager of two Detroit non-profit organizations and a co-pastor as she uses statistics and problem-solving to make decisions within her organizations and provides mathematics tutoring for the members of her church! Here’s what’s inside your November Box:
- Meet Wytrice Harris: Check out our exclusive interview with Wytrice, Director of Operations for 482Forward, Detroit Promise Path Program Manager, and co-pastor of Total Life Christian Ministries with her husband.
- The Give Back Math Activity Booklet: This booklet, created by the Black Girl MATHgic team, is filled with time and project management problems, fractions, solving for the unknown, and statistics! Form your Black Girl MATHgic study group and solve the problems together!
- Talking out of Turn Jotter Gel Pen Set: Show off your math-girl style with this 6-pack of gel pens in fabulous colors to add some pop to your notes and a black pen for those important documents and assignments.
- Black Girl MATHgic Custom Pocket Notebook: You can’t have cool gel pens without a way to show off your colors! Take notes, do calculations, or just doodle in Black Girl MATHgic style with this pocket-size notebook.
- Project Genius No-Brainer Puzzle: Hand coordination skills meet creativity with this cool purple compass brain teaser which is beautiful before and after you solve it! Perfect for passing time, this puzzle provides a healthy way to practice focus and concentration.
- Custom Black Girl MATHgic The Give Back stickers: Special stickers created just for you to go with our theme – The Give Back! Which one is your favorite?
- “I can use math to make the world a better place.” Math Affirmation: We say it a lot but it really is true, when you learn math you can do anything! There are so many amazing things to do using the very skills you’ve learned in mathematics classes from being able to run organizations to helping others reach their highest mathematics potential. You can be a statistician, a teacher, or help others in the community by planning fundraisers. Your opportunities are endless. Use your Black Girl MATHgic and let’s change the world together!
- Digital Answer Key
Ships within 2-3 business days.